Gmail is a medium through which much official as well as unofficial work takes place. It has proved to be very useful and simple for all people all around the world. Along with the work, it has also proved to be very useful in backing up your media and contacts of your phone. It allows you to store the picture and contacts in your backup and transfer it through Gmail wherever and whenever you want. Even if you lose your phone or buy a new phone, it is a 10 minutes task to copy and paste the contacts and media from the old phone to the new phone.
All you need to do is sign in to your Gmail account and follow these steps for exporting your shared Gmail contacts
- Whichever phone you have, whether it is android or tablet, go to your contacts app.
- There is an options menu, tap on it.
- From the pull-down, select settings and in settings you will see an option to export the contacts.
- Tap the export option to export your contacts
After these 4 steps, you need to turn the automatic backup on. It will help you and your phone in saving the new contacts that you save to get backed up and be safe in your Gmail account. To set the automatic backup on, follow these steps
- Open the settings of your phone
- Search for the option of a system in settings
- Tap on system and then tap on backup
- You will see an option, back up to Google drive. Turn that option on or vice versa if you want to turn the automatic backup off.
- Here are the steps to restore contacts from your backups
- You need to first open the settings of your phone
- You will find an option named Google, tap that.
- Services will be visible, after tapping that tap restore contacts
- A pull down will drop asking you to choose from which Google contact do you want to share and restore the contacts(this will only happen if you have multiple Google accounts opened in your phone)
- Choose the required Google account
- You can turn off your SIM card or device storage if you do not want to copy contacts from either of them.
- Finally, tap the restore button and wait till you see words “contacts restored”
- You will not have to worry about the duplication of contacts as the Gmail only copies contacts that are not already on your phone.
These were some of the basic problems that people face and are very simple to read and solve them. You can simply back your contacts up and sign in to any device of your choice and copy any number of contacts. This is an efficient, effective and easy thing to do that will help you save your time as well as efforts. Read all the steps carefully to avoid any step being missed and go restore all the contacts that you have lost. You can download the Share Email Contacts for Gmail Chrome Extension.